נגישות
menu      
חיפוש מתקדם
תחביר
חפש...
הספר "אוצר וולקני"
אודות
תנאי שימוש
ניהול
קהילה:
אסיף מאגר המחקר החקלאי
פותח על ידי קלירמאש פתרונות בע"מ -
Optimization of T-DNA configuration with UBIQUITIN10 promoters and tRNA–sgRNA complexes promotes highly efficient genome editing in allotetraploid tobacco
Year:
2021
Source of publication :
Plant Cell Reports
Authors :
בוקובזא, שמואל
;
.
קומאר, מנוג'
;
.
Volume :
41
Co-Authors:
  • Manoj Kumar
  • Dana Ayzenshtat
    Adar Marko
  • Samuel Bocobza
Facilitators :
From page:
175
To page:
194
(
Total pages:
20
)
Abstract:

While gene-editing methodologies, such as CRISPR–Cas9, have been developed and successfully used in many plant species, their use remains challenging, because they most often rely on stable or transient transgene expression. Regrettably, in all plant species, transformation causes epigenetic effects such as gene silencing and variable transgene expression. Here, UBIQUITIN10 promoters from several plant species were characterized and showed their capacity to direct high levels of transgene expression in transient and stable transformation assays, which in turn was used to improve the selection process of regenerated transformants. Furthermore, we compared various sgRNAs delivery systems and showed that the combination of UBIQUITIN10 promoters and tRNA–sgRNA complexes produced 80% mutant phenotype with a complete knockout of the four allelic copies, while the remaining 20% exhibited weaker phenotype, which suggested partial allelic knockout, in the T0 generation of the allotetraploid Nicotiana tabacum. These data provide valuable information to optimize future designs of gene editing constructs for plant research and crop improvement and open the way for valuable gene editing projects in non-model Solanaceae species.

Note:
Related Files :
CRISPR–Cas9
Dihydroflavonol 4-reductase
GoldenBraid cloning
Plant genetic engineering
tRNA–sgRNA complex
UBIQUITIN10 promoter
עוד תגיות
תוכן קשור
More details
DOI :
10.1007/s00299-021-02796-0
Article number:
0
Affiliations:
Database:
גוגל סקולר
Publication Type:
מאמר
;
.
Language:
אנגלית
Editors' remarks:
ID:
56582
Last updated date:
02/03/2022 17:27
Creation date:
12/10/2021 16:15
You may also be interested in
Scientific Publication
Optimization of T-DNA configuration with UBIQUITIN10 promoters and tRNA–sgRNA complexes promotes highly efficient genome editing in allotetraploid tobacco
41
  • Manoj Kumar
  • Dana Ayzenshtat
    Adar Marko
  • Samuel Bocobza
Optimization of T-DNA configuration with UBIQUITIN10 promoters and tRNA–sgRNA complexes promotes highly efficient genome editing in allotetraploid tobacco

While gene-editing methodologies, such as CRISPR–Cas9, have been developed and successfully used in many plant species, their use remains challenging, because they most often rely on stable or transient transgene expression. Regrettably, in all plant species, transformation causes epigenetic effects such as gene silencing and variable transgene expression. Here, UBIQUITIN10 promoters from several plant species were characterized and showed their capacity to direct high levels of transgene expression in transient and stable transformation assays, which in turn was used to improve the selection process of regenerated transformants. Furthermore, we compared various sgRNAs delivery systems and showed that the combination of UBIQUITIN10 promoters and tRNA–sgRNA complexes produced 80% mutant phenotype with a complete knockout of the four allelic copies, while the remaining 20% exhibited weaker phenotype, which suggested partial allelic knockout, in the T0 generation of the allotetraploid Nicotiana tabacum. These data provide valuable information to optimize future designs of gene editing constructs for plant research and crop improvement and open the way for valuable gene editing projects in non-model Solanaceae species.

Scientific Publication
You may also be interested in